Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How to lose 5lbs in 2 weeks...

One thing that I haven't commented on is the food that we were privvy to while in T-L-C.   This was a crazy new experience for each of us, as well as a learning experience. Breakfast consisted of rice and vegtables.  Lunch was rice and vegtables.  Dinner was, any guesses, rice and vegtables.  I did eat a little chicken but had to give it up after a couple of days.  I just couldn't handle anymore.  There were just too many new smells & different prep/cooking techniques.  Chris & Ryan would only eat chicken fried rice (at some point Chris' new name was Chix Fried Rice) and by the end, I'm nearly postive my dad was only eating fruit and Chris had completely stopped eating all together.  Everytime I think about this I laugh.  I would like you to keep in mind that it is not that we were ungrateful, it was, I think, we were just not used to having the same thing 3x/day, 7 days/week. :)

EXTRA SPICY chicken dish...lunch on the river 

Dried duck blood anyone??

Crispy Minnows...mmmm delicious

Weren't quite sure what this was but it sure was cute! :)

Cliff loved his minnows...

Fried crickets...

Water Bug-Conclusion was that it was not too good...

Meal prepared by a Christian Ministry in Laos-very kind & they had great sticky rice

FRESH Mango (like straight off the tree fresh)-Tom is obviously in paradise...

Don't wanna lie...but, I had a hard time at this meal...

Finally...Spags!!! 

BeerLao...notice the straw...when in Rome...

My Lao Party People!!
-

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pictures of the meals... kind of cool. I'll admit, I think I would have a hard time with the spider meal as well as the dried duck blood.... you know me and blood. Chicken and Vegetables sound good though.. I might have to try that diet ;)

    Love the picture with your Lao Party Peeps ;)

    ReplyDelete