Tuesday, December 21, 2010

World's Worst Blogger...

Okay...I'm officially the world's worst blogger now.  Sorry I let everybody down...does anyone still even read this?  I wouldn't.  I had so many ideas about what to write while rolling around Thailand, Laos, & Cambodia. We were going most days until after dinner and by the time I got back to the hotel I was exhausted.  Then, after Ryan left, I was without a computer & the internet was shotty at best.  I'll admit that I used my Nook to access the internet a couple of times...but, that was just to email. So, after all of my terrible excuses...I've decided that I'll post random thoughts & pictures from the trip.

The King's Birthday...December 5th
Thailand's King's Birthday was Sunday, December 5th.  The King's color is yellow, but due to political unrest between the yellow & red shirts, people wore pink to celebrate the King's birthday.  Ya'll know I was wearing pink too...just trying to fit in.  Ryan had pink stitching on his shirt, so he fit right in too.  :)


Before we left Bangkok, via a fabulous overnight bus ride to Chiang Mai (approx. 9 hours...who's counting right?), we visited JJ's Market, which is a relatively large mall.  Upon leaving the mall I had to use the restroom.  So mom & I quickly went & when we came out our guide didn't know that mom had come with me & thought she had went with the van.  Suddenly, he's panicking b/c there is no extra room in his car for me and I'm frantically running through this huge mall (where everything looks exactly the same) trying to find a way out & get to the van before it leaves me. I get outside and make it to the rally point & no one is there.  I mean, no one from our group is there but, there are about a zillion other people walking around, cars & scooters are flying by, & it's night time.  All I can think is "what the hell happens to me now?! what do I do?" I tried to ask a security guard for help but he can't speak English (and you know I left my translation book in the van)...I'm on the verge of tears at this point.  I decide to stand next to one of the many exits from the parking garage, praying that the guide with my mom & the others will drive by & see me (fat chance I keep telling myself).  I'm running through scenarios in my head on how I'm going to get to Chiang Mai by myself when suddenly the "van people" come walking towards me.  Ended up that they got lost trying to get out of the mall & were running late.  Thank God on that one.  Afterwards I talked with Ryan & we now have an emergency plan in place in case one of us gets lost...or leaves the other behind. :)



I won't lie...I'm glad to be home.  At least I know how to get to where I'm going (most of the time) and toilet paper is typically included in the stall. 


2 comments:

  1. There you are!!! Erika and I have been waiting for updates from you ;) I figured that it would be too hectic to write on your adventure.. plus... there is so much going on that you don't want to miss out writing about it.. ;) Can't wait to see all your pictures and hear about your stories! I can totally picture all the events in the last one.. that would have totally happened to me too! You are bringing your pics to the party right? ;) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger,
    I am so glad you are all back.

    ReplyDelete