Sunday, March 6, 2011

2 for the price of 1...

Alright...2 blogs in one day...geez...life's getting exciting now...

It's that time of year again...well, actually, it's past that time of year again, but it'll all work out.  Hopefully you have planted your seeds and are anxiously awaiting the arrival of planting your garden!  Unlike us...but, today's the big day! We have added (Ryan has built) another raised box this year in the hopes that it will produce mass amounts of product for our consumption.  We have also purchased 3 variety of hops so that Ryan can use them in his brewery making.  However, the hops take about two years to produce any cones for usage so you'll need to stayed tune until next year for that.

Last year we only had one raised garden box.  I can't say that it was a totally successful year...but, we gave it a good go.  Our tomatoes didn't produce anything until about October, our snap peas had about 2 pea pods, and our carrots & onions never made an appearance...but, we had a lot of cucumbers, green peppers, and jalapenos.  So, let me know if you know of a good recipe involving cucumbers, green peppers, and jalapenos because if that's the only 3 products I can garden I'll need to be prepared...

RB's homemade greenhouse!

 A bunch of dirt goes in the boxes
 Thanks MINI for being my seed pack holder...
 About 2 hours later...that was a lot of work!

Let me know if you have any great gardening advice or if you'd like some plants...I think I'll have plenty to share :)  Oh, and yes...the 'greenhouse' is in our living room...



1 comment:

  1. Omg! I want one of those homemade greenhouses! How do you make them???
    I'm totally impressed with this garden!!! Tell me.... ;)
    Do you have herbs too?

    ReplyDelete