Monday, March 14, 2011

growth in the greenhouse...

Alright...if there is ever an apocalypse y'all can come over to our house to eat...check out these pics from the greenhouse.  Remember, I only planted the seeds one week ago today.  Stuff started coming up as early as Thursday and is literally growing at an hourly rate!!! Dang!! We've got spinach, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, carrots, & peas... We bought about 3,000 pounds of dirt yesterday, filled in the garden boxes & various spots in the lawn that needed some dirt, and laid down some grass seed.  Next weekend I'm going to transplant the broccoli, spinach, carrots, and peas (the cool weather plants).  I'm also going to throw down some lettuce seeds to see what happens. Hopefully the weather stays nice!  HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY-probably my favorite holiday!!  :) 



2 comments:

  1. Totally impressed! :) I can't wait to see the progress!
    I borrowed a sq ft gardening book from Chris' dad... so I'm on my way!
    Are you growing any herbs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When's dinner? I'm hungry and can't waite for the terrific veggies. Ryan, what are my chances of getting a homemade greenhouse? Only in the Mission can a mom find out how to open a beer bottle without a church key. I just may take up beer drinking again...oh,I get it, I can also open pop bottles, too.

    ReplyDelete